Heathrow’s Terminal 5 recently welcomed the first Fortnum & Mason Bar to feature within an airport location, enabling passengers to indulge in Fortnum’s famous selection of foods or enjoy a glass of Champagne whilst waiting for their flights.
To create these new spaces, the client appointed Nuttalls to fully project manage the fit-out of the store, feature island bar and supporting catering kitchen.
Our specialist team sourced marble flooring and glazed tile finishes for the bar, along with portland stone flooring and fascia for the store. The bar’s self-supporting bespoke canopy is made of nickel-plated steel and the store’s specialist bronze shopfront is a triumph in design. The interiors also feature polished plaster finishes and a specially commissioned lighting scheme, with the process fully managed by Nuttalls and delivered within an 11 week programme, all within the constraints of a challenging airside environment.
The bar recently won at The Restaurant and Bar Awards in October 2015 for Restaurant or Bar in a Transport Space.
Scope of Works
- Full turnkey project delivery
- Design, co-ordination, installation and commissioning of mechanical and electrical services and fire suppression systems
- Kitchen extraction system and prep for kitchen installation
- Access gantry for base build ductwork
- Specialist flooring, ceiling, lighting and wall finishes
- Co-ordination and management of bespoke canopy and counter installation
- Commissioning of all equipment
- Full decoration throughout