Nuttalls were appointed as Principal Contractor by English Heritage to complete the renovation of the restaurant at Osborne, the seaside family home of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
The building’s important heritage and Grade 1 listed status required a very sensitive approach, working in close partnership in English Heritage’s conservation team and architects and interior designers Jestico and Whiles to restore and repair original features such as stained glass windows, lime plaster walls and decorative ceilings as well as timber and stone flooring.
We successfully delivered a stunning result, on budget, within a 7 week timeframe.
Scope of Works
- Full turnkey project delivery
- Removal of existing interiors
- Restoration of timber and stone flooring
- Conservation repairs to timber window frames and feature stained glass windows
- Commissioning of new lighting scheme incorporating bespoke chandeliers, pendants and wall lights to highlight decorative features
- Bespoke joinery; doors, waiter stations and marble bar with feature lighting
- Mechanical and electrical services
- Fixtures and fitting
- Repairs to lime plasterwork and internal decoration incorporating specialist finishes in line with conservation requirements
- Commissioning and installation of new staircase, handrails and balustrades
- Management of client direct contractors